Wednesday, April 10, 2013

You Want to Do What?!?!?!

I like order!  I like everything where it belongs!  I like neat!  Most times, I think this is a positive character trait...although, with 5 kids, I am beginning to think it is a character flaw.  To keep a neat house with 5 kids is a full time job...that never seems done.  Sometimes, when I should be playing with my kids, I am cleaning, organizing, straightening, and then re-cleaning.

My husband is quite the opposite.  He loves to play!  He loves to have company no matter what state the house is in.  He will "waste" a whole day puttering around doing nothing on my list...but playing soccer, peek around the corner, and making bead key chains with the kids. 

So, this spring, he had a great idea...let's hatch some of the chicken's eggs!  Right away, I am thinking...this is not a good idea.  What is the point?  We don't need more chickens.  How much time is this going to take?  Couldn't we better spend our time cleaning the garage?  Luckily, he often goes on with his frivolous plans.  Last Saturday, he came home with an incubator.  Somehow, the incubator is now on my kitchen counter.  I am confused as to how this happened...this incubator does not fit in with my no clutter on the counter rule....nor does it match my kitchen decor.  Despite my wants, we are hatching chicken eggs on my kitchen counter.  The kids are so excited.  They are counting down the days until they hatch. 



Even though, you probably won't find me rotating chicken eggs....or even holding the chicks.  I am so glad that God has blessed my kids with such a GREAT dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment