Sunday, March 31, 2013

Times it Catches You off Guard

Most times, I am just a busy mom of 5 kids.  I don't stop and think about the fact that three of my children are adopted...Three of them have a past that does not include me...Three of them have suffered a great loss...That there is a part of their history I know nothing about...  Then, there are those times when the reality of it hits me....and it chokes me up. 
That happened today, Easter Sunday, as I was making the kids baskets.  For each child, I have stamped their hand print on the bottom of their basket and written the date of their first Easter. So, each basket has an adorable, little, chubby, baby hand print! 



 
As I did this with Malachi's and Isaac's baskets, I realized that both of them had missed Easter celebrations with our family.  This isn't their first Easter.  Malachi's basket was missing the little, adorable, chubby, baby hand print.  Then came the internal struggle.  Should I write first Easter at home?  Should I write first Easter with our family?  I ended up going with the same as my other children...first Easter.
One day, I will explain to them that they indeed did spend an Easter or two in the DR Congo.  However, March 31, 2013, was our first Easter as a family...our first Easter to make memories and celebrate our risen Saviour! 


Happy Easter from the Siegrist Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment