Sunday, March 17, 2013

no, No, NO!!!!

 
 
Isn't he adorable?  I agree, he is indeed!

 
 
Last Thursday, he really tested my thoughts.  I got home from work and made my lunch.  Malachi was quietly playing in the family room, so I thought I would savor the peace and eat my lunch at the counter.  When I came into the family room, after cleaning up my soup...I was shocked, appalled, flabbergasted, and a tad angry.  My little Picasso had left me a masterpiece of black sharpie circles over every piece of furniture, the TV, windows, floor, wall, and doors.
 




 
 
"no, No, NO!!!" was my immediate response as he pointed around the room showing off his handiwork.  I quickly scooped him up and put him down for an early nap.  Then, I set to work feverishly cleaning each and every spot.  If you know me, this was a major disaster...as, unfortunately, I do not deal with messy and out of order very well!  Gratefully, I was able to remove all the sharpie marks except for two faint spots.
 
So, here are some tricks for getting black sharpie our of furniture...Magic Eraser (that thing really is magic) on wood, hairspray then magic eraser on leather, and baking soda on fabric.
 
On top of the cleaning tricks I learned that day, I realized something else...having 5 kids is different than having 2 kids.  When it was Noah and Anna, I had no baby gates, cabinet locks, nor did I put much of "my good stuff" away.  Now, that I have 5 kids, I have a baby gate, a few cabinet locks, and ALL sharpies have been permanently moved to where little fingers can not reach them.
 
Lastly, I am happy to say, that after 3 days, I can look back on this incident and smile (however, not sure that would have been the case if there were still marks on every piece of furniture :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment