Friday, January 18, 2013

A Day Late...

Yesterday, we celebrated Malachi's second birthday!

 Malachi's referral picture....


A smile...we worked so hard to get these :)





SECOND BIRTHDAY
January 17, 2013

His birthday party didn't really go as planned...or at least how I had planned.  I imagined it would be perfect, with smiles, laughter, and peace.  I mean after all the waiting we were finally a family!  After missing his first birthday, we finally were going to get to celebrate HIM!  Apparently, Malachi did not get the memo...he was fussy, only wanted me to hold and carry him, cried when we sang "Happy Birthday", tried to touch the candle, and refused to eat any cake.  The whole evening, I was so stressed!

But, you know what, God is teaching me (and I am learning very slowly:) that it's not about me....we are a family, we love each other, Malachi has bonded with me, Malachi is safe and loved, and, finally, he has a family that loves him and will have a party, make a cake, and sing "Happy Birthday" to him while he screams.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to my son, Malachi...a day late!

No comments:

Post a Comment