Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Close to Home

Today hit very close to home!  We visited the orphanage where my Isaac lived.  As I looked around, I could only envision his life there. Isaac lived at the orphanage for a very short time, but it is still part of his story.  People at the orphanage remembered him...enjoyed looking at how big he is now!

When we first arrived, the children sang and danced for us....again, I was taken back to when I stood there with Isaac in his Snugli listening to the children sing.  My life has changed.  Isaac's life has changed drastically.  Have their lives changed? 

It is so easy to look and be overwhelmed....there are so many children!  There is so much need!   But, YES, these children's lives have changed.  The GOF (Global Orphan Foundation) is doing amazing things here...feeding malnourished children, providing vitamins and medicine, and funding some extra therapies for children with disabilities.  The GOF is meeting a real need for these children who are without food, without medicine, and without access to outside physical therapy.
 
Here are some images from this emotional day...
My favorite was this beautiful moment...a little baby girl was crying all alone on the steps, I finally got her to hold one of my hands, then both hands, and THEN. SHE. LET. ME. HOLD. HER!!!


There were so many smiles and beautiful children....



We delivered over 300 pairs of much needed underwear to the children today! 



I walked away from the orphanage wanting to do more...needing to do more!  However, I walked away encouraged that the GOF is making progress...that the GOF is changing the lives of these orphans!

No comments:

Post a Comment