Friday, May 24, 2013

Looking for the Joys Among the Madness

The last two weeks have been insane for me!  The girls had their annual dance recital, Noah had baseball and football conditioning, speech therapy, a surgery, 6 formal assessment to be given to my students (yes...I teach pre-K), and life's normal demands (you know the ones...cooking, cleaning, showering :). 

One evening, I was rushing from picking up Noah at the football field across a parking lot to grab the girls from their dress rehearsal.  I looked down and this is what I was carrying in my hand...

 
So, taking Ann Voskamp's advice (http://onethousandgifts.com/), I decided instead of grumbling in my head about the rushing, or the fact I am totting half of the kids stuff, or countless other things I could complain about...I decided to give thanks!  I am so thankful that God blessed me with boys and girls.  I love a beautiful ballet recital....watching my lovely girls twirl and tap.  However, I also love a good rough and tumble football game.  Thankfully, I can enjoy both.

Here are a few other moments that I had this past week that have given me reason to give thanks...

Chloe reading Isaac a bedtime story.
 

Noah and Malachi scooting.
 

The flowers Anna brought me from the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment