Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Our First Kiss

Remember what it was like to wait for your "love" to kiss you for the first time.  Well, for 7 weeks, I have been waiting for my first kiss from Malachi.  (Isaac is full of kisses and you need to be careful because his kisses often involve teeth :)  About 2 weeks ago, I started to get impatient and so I began to "teach" Malachi to kiss.  I would take his face in my hands, say kiss, and then kiss him.  Still, I waited.  I begin to worry...does he have attachment issues, does he not know how to show affection and love, does he just not love me??? 

Yesterday, I was in a meeting, Malachi crawled onto my lap, opened his mouth, and leaned in and kissed me.  My eyes filled with tears (I am sure the lady I was meeting with thought I was nuts)!  Finally, he kissed me!  It was a big step for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment