Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hands


Lately, I have been thinking a lot about hands.  Mainly, because whenever you want to take Malachi somewhere, he wants to hold your hand...tightly.  Going into the next room...he is holding your hand.   Walking down the steps...he is holding your hand.  Outside taking a stroll...he is holding your hand.  If you let go of his hand, he just stops and waits for you to extend your hand.  Then, he grabs a hold and starts walking again. 

Today, we were walking down to the garden and, of course, Malachi reached for my hand.  As I reached out to take his, one of my favorite Bible verses sprang to mind.  Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Just like Malachi, I like to know that God is holding my hand....leading me through the scary times, unknown times, and good times.  Once again, I was amazed at how God uses my children to teach me about Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment