Thursday, April 12, 2012

Anna Is 7!!!

On April 12th, 7 years ago, a baby girl was born in Guatemala.  For us, the day was normal.  We had no idea that in Guatemala our daughter had entered the world.  We were not there to cuddle her, kiss her, hug her, measure her, or do the typical "oohing and aahing" over her.  However, God knew that she was ours.  It was six weeks later, Memorial Day weekend, that we received our referral for Anna Kimberly. 

One of our referral pictures
We immediately loved her and knew she was our daughter.  Finally, after what seemed like an eternity to us, she joined our family on December 16, 2005. 

Arriving in MD....with our Christmas miracle

Now, my little girl is turning 7!  I can't believe how fast the years have gone.  I look at her sometimes and wonder why God picked me to be her mother...I feel so undeserving! She is our Christmas miracle and a daily reminder that God's timing is best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment